Monday, March 31, 2014

LETTER # FOURTY ONE


This week was great! We had so many great experiences! And many lesson that we could feel the spirit so strong!!!

This week we taught Marlene, Juliana, and Florinda about the Plan of Salvation and they absolutely loved it! It was interesting to see their reaction when we told them that before this life they lived with Heavenly Father, and that He really is our Father. We were with Him, we learned with Him, we loved Him, and that He created this earth to help us become more like Him! Their eyes just lit up and you could see the spirit was working with in them! They said wow...I never thought about that...everyone says we are sons and daughters of God but I thought it was just a phrase...We are really daughters of loving Heavenly Parents and we lived with them before this life. 
We then continued on teaching the rest. We explained how they need to develop faith in this life, repent of their sins and be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost then continue until the end...then they could return to the presence of the Lord. 
We then explained how when we pass the vale of forgetfulness and how we have to walk by faith...and Marlene was really touched by this...then we invited them to be baptized. Marlene said this is when I need to follow my heart and walk by faith and they all accepted to be baptized this weekend! Man it was one of the most spiritual lessons I have had on the mission. 
Marlene then said...so when I get baptized can I be a missionary like you guys and we said sure :) haha you can see the excitement they have to be baptized and to share this knowledge with others! They went to church this last Sunday and now we are preparing them for this Saturday for baptism :) WOHOOOO

Another awesome experience was that we found a new family to teach. She was a referral of an investigator and we went there to visit her and she let us into the house. We said a prayer and she was amazed...she said, "Wow It felt like you were really talking with God...how can I pray like that?"
We taught about the Gospel of Christ and how living the Commandments  brings blessings to our families. We explained how to really pray to God and how we can develop a good relationship with Him. She then shared a story with us...
She said the other day I was praying to God to help me find the true path and that He would send people to help me learn and find true happiness in my life and then you two arrived. She told us that is how she knew we were servant of God! IT WAS SO COOL. IT WAS A HUGE TESTIMONY BUILDER FOR ME. Really there are people searching and longing to find peace. and all we must do is open our mouths and help them learn of the Gospel. Like it says in Doctrine and Covenants..."people are only far from the truth...because they no not where to find it."

I love you all so much! I hope all is continuing to go well for everyone! I cannot wait to come home August 20th!


Love,
Elder Tyler Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment