Tuesday, February 4, 2014

LETTER # THIRTY SEVEN


This week was a really great one! We taught so many lessons and the Lord led us to many new investigators!

The one experiences that was really great was with an old investigator named Douglas! We started praying daily for him to learn, to soften and to eventually be baptized. 

So one day, Douglas called us and said that he wanted us to talk to his mom, so we marked to pass by there on sunday after church! So we entered and didn't really know what to say to her. She was like "well, you guys wanted to talk to us..." and my mind was so blank and I looked at the other Elders dumbfounded at first. So we just started talking to her about baptism the importance of it. We talked about Douglas's journey and how he came to know  of the truth while he read and prayed with God.  Then out of no where she was like "alright, I will let him be baptized in your church...I told him that you can only be baptized once and if this is where he wants to be okay!"

I WAS LIKE YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Score one for the spirit haha. We marked him and his baptism for this Saturday and it will be a great service! All the members love him and he has so many friends in the church so everyone is really excited about the good news!

Also Marcio and his family that we baptized last week are progressing so well! They are truly converted to the Lord and are loving the Church. Marcio received the priesthood yesterday and was so happy! He is excited to serve the Lord!
Also, they already received testimonies about tithing. He was like "I paid my tithing this week and its like we bought more with less money." It was a really cool experience to hear about! 

I know that this is God's church. That God blesses those that seek Him. Come near unto me and I will come near unto you! I know that God can touch any heart and can open any doors if we just have faith in Him! I know that God provides a way for all His children to partake of the Gospel and to receive the ordinances so that they can be saved and more so happy! I love my Savior, I am a witness of Him, I hope that He may bless all of you and your families! 

BELOW ARE SOME PICTURES OF DOUGLAS AND HIS FAMILY AT THE BAPTISM AND DETAILS ABOUT THE BIG DAY:


"I know the Lord can and will touch hearts if anyone reads and prays to know it's true!

This weekend we had another baptism! It was Douglas! The service was really  great and we  had a lot of members there to support him and his family. It was nice to see him get baptized by his friend Augusto who is the young mens leader! After the baptism they gave each other a huge hug in the water and we all felt the spirit pretty strong! His whole family aren't members but we are going to talk to them a lot to help them get baptized too so they can have an eternal family!

This is the Lords work. I know that my Savior lives and that this is His church on the earth.  This is the only church with a Prophet of God, twelve apostles of Christ and the authority to baptize people in the name of Christ to receive remission of their sins. I am so grateful that I have had this time to be a representative of Him, He truly does bless those that serve and sacrifice for Him. I love this gospel."








No comments:

Post a Comment